Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Snug as a Bug in a Rug?

It scares me that I'm so content.

I know I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again. Every time I consciously acknowledge that I am happy and things are going great, everything sort of falls apart. My car breaks or a kitten gets sick or I find out there's another litter on the way or something.

So now I've reached one of those points where I'm just....so pleased! My new job is going so well and I'm learning so much and the people are just unbelievably nice. To top it all off, the old crappy place where I used to work continues to fall apart. That is the justice I was looking for.
So now I have this wonderfully fulfilling job. The money is a little better but it will improve greatly once the raises come through in July. I have to pay income tax, but DH's refund and my childcare reimbursement from work cancel me back down to zero. :)

Kittens are healthy, although baby kitten has started to relapse into the coughing, probably due to the onset of spring, but he has an appointment coming up to check it out.

My bank lady is offering to once again consolidate all my credit cards so that I can rack up the charges again. :D

TAR is on and Survivor is on.

It's like, Christmas every day at the Frisky house!

So, how do I enjoy this when I have become so cynical that I insist that something bad is just around the corner? Has life been so nasty to me that I have to have this expectation? Yeah, I suppose it has, but I don't have to LET myself be affected by the nastiness, do I? I'm only cynical if I want to be, right?

So, let's see. It's taken me 39 years to get this way. How long does it take you to become un-cynicalized?

2 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

I swear Frisk, this is like a page out of my own blog. I sure wish I knew how to become un-cynicalized. I'm 38 and just recently posted about how freaked out I am about things going so well. I think I even referred to myself as becoming *gasp* a people person. I'm sure something bad is just around the corner for us. We just aren't looking hard enough. *wink*

Knockers

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Schnookie said...

I could have sworn I was reading Carey's blog also LOL. I can't imagine anyone can become un-cynicalized. You can become content though. Try to just enjoy your days, one at a time. Enjoy the good times ... both of you!
*smooooooooooch*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home