Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Frisky, this is your life!

Well, I spent my entire workday working on my resume. I don't feel the least bit guilty. It was an incredible experience. Even if you are not job-hunting, I implore you to refresh your resume!

My resume has worked wonders for me over the past twenty years. I've gotten an interview for every job I've ever applied for. However, now that I've been responsible for hiring in my current job, I've noticed this new breed of resume. So I went to Monster.ca to see if I should consider revamping what has always been a good, reliable resume format.

Wow! Did I ever revamp! :)

Working on your resume is a journey into your past. It forces you to reflect upon your accomplishments and it gets you thinking about where you want to be. That's why it is such a valuable exercise. It boosts the self-esteem tremendously! I am Frisky, and I am a successful professional administrator! :D

I realize now that I've been working as management for the past five years and getting paid at a middle-management level. My colleagues in other divisions of my organization make a lot more money than I do. This is because my manager gives me all her fvcking work while she goes to the beauty parlour. Well, guess what? I'm not going to take it anymore!

My shoulders hurt. My back and neck muscles are constantly tense. I have a perma-headache. I feel sick to my stomach when I'm getting ready for work in the morning.

It's just a job, for crying out loud.

Tonight, though, I know that I have value and I have lots to offer. I'm ready. Bring on those job postings!! :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home