Monday, October 25, 2004

I just remembered...

I promised to write about my epiphany. I know you've been hitting the "refresh" button over and over for the past couple of hours. My sincerest apologies.

I got thinking this morning (actually, it was early afternoon, but morning to me) about laziness. I'm a lazy person. Don't get me wrong, I get things done. I cook, I clean, and I'm very productive at work. But I have to really put forth an effort in order to accomplish things. I have to REALLY talk myself into doing stuff. So, yeah, walking from the couch to the fridge is a major undertaking for me, but the ends justify the means, right?

I love to sleep in. I know I'm going to hear those ladies at work tomorrow boasting about "sleeping in" until 10:00. 10:00?? Ha! I'm a nooner, through and through. Hell, today I hit the 1:00 p.m. mark! The kittens were at grandma's overnight, I was up until 4:00 a.m., and I was tired. So there. If I slept that long, it's because I needed it.

Now here's where my epiphany comes in. Mr. Frisky woke me up at 1:00 to go get the kittens at grandma's. He didn't care. He woke up about 11:00, showered, watched TV, drank coffee, then woke me up when it was time to go. So what if I was sleeping all day. No skin off his nose.

So as I was buffing BM's on my face, I got thinking about how lucky I am to have this DH who doesn't care about my laziness. He takes my excuse -- "I'm so anemic" -- at face value, and doesn't ask questions. Why? Because he's lazy, too! We enable each other's laziness. We're...what's that called?...co-dependent? But co-dependent with our laziness.

That's when it hit me, as I poked a puff of glee into my cheeks, that my first marriage didn't work out because of a laziness imbalance. I was lazy, ex-DH was not. He'd get up with the roosters and it was work work work all freakin' day! Then he'd get together every Sunday with his family and they'd all talk about how hard they worked all week. They'd try to out-do each other. Nobody worked as hard as them. Then they'd turn to me and scoff at me and roll their eyes in disgust.

One morning he woke me up (and it was morning) and said "Wake up, you lazy slvt" and that's when I said forget it. This is not the life for me.

So my advice to the lovelorn is that you must have lazy-compatibility with your mate. I mean it...it's a must. Lazies and non-lazies do not mix.

P.S. I make the bed before I get in it at night. Hmm....sounds like a good OT thread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home