Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Burnout

I've been feeling lonely all day.

I sold my computer desk, so now there's a big empty spot in the corner of my living room.

I went back to work today after a one-week holiday. The headache returned. The pain in my shoulders and the back of my neck came back. I realize now that 100% of the stress in my life is caused by my workplace. Well, maybe 95% workplace, 5% finances.

My male kitten has pneumonia.

So, yeah, I'm kind of depressed. Feeling a little down. And I'm cold. My feet are really cold, like right down to the bone. :(

I'm so overwhelmed by all the problems at my workplace. Note that I'm talking about my workplace -- not my job. My job is okay, if not a little boring. I'm definitely ready for new challenges, but that will have to wait until something at a higher level is posted. I should definitely work on my resume.

My workplace is in shambles. It's a house of cards just waiting for a breath of wind. The manager is a complete idiot. She's alienated everyone and they're all crying on my shoulder. So I have my own stress, and I'm trying to manage everyone else's stress. Oh, please, let there be a job posted this week!

I figure I shouldn't feel lonely because I'm so surrounded by people. My family, my co-workers, my friends....why do I feel lonely this first week back on the job? Maybe it's not loneliness as much as a sense of loss. Or vacancy. Something's missing...I don't know what. It's definitely time for me to move on. I just feel....drained.

1 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Blogger frisky said...

*smoochies* and *headbutts*
Thanks, hun. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home