Thursday, February 28, 2008

May their consciouseseses guide them...

Here I am, with egg on my face.

Waiting for the lawyer to call with the latest news on my severance package (or should I say "hush money").

I read my entire blog this afternoon, after coming home from having lunch with my friend who is still working in hell.

The warning signs were all there, weren't they? What a fool I was. My friend told me, gently, how my staff double-crossed me and have been bad-mouthing me for many months. I kind of suspected, because they acted weird around me when they were in groups. A lot of it was just typical boss stuff. The problem is, they had the ear of the new guy.

So I'm sitting here at home, out of work, waiting for my hush money, and they are still there with nobody to complain to or about. They bugged me constantly; the biggest mistake I made in that job was not closing my door. But apparently when I did close my door, they complained because I wasn't available to them.

They hounded me. I helped them. I answered their questions and listened to their gripes. They turned on me, and they've gotten what they wanted, but we know what kind of people we're dealing with here, and my friend and I were musing about who they are bitching to now, and who are they bitching about now, because that's just what they do.

I should have been a mean boss. I should have told the new guy about how J spends her days talking on the phone and shopping on the internet. I should have told the new guy about how A is a gossipy time-waster and takes credit for everyone else's work.

Why did I protect these people? They threw me to the wolves.

3 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Kimmah said...

You're better off without them. Don't forget that. I hope the hush money is substantial.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger dragonflies said...

Why? Very simply because you are a better person.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

You didn't want to be like the boss who you replaced. *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home