Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Comfortably numb :)

So high on cough syrup.

Not even my beloved nyquil. It's a prescription codeine-based concoction, fruity with a menthol undertone and lovely rose colour. :)

I am flying higher than a kite.

If we could all take this cough syrup every day forever and ever, the world would be a much happier place. We wouldn't be able to drive or operate heavy machinery, but who gives? We wouldn't.

This is why I miss smoking. The peace, the calm, the relaxness. Is relaxness a word? Probably not, but who the hell cares.

I'm drowsy, but I don't want to go to bed and miss the rest of the high.

The cough? Still there, and so is the accompanying pain in my back muscles, but i just don't care.

Drugs are a wonderful thing. Or things. :)

3 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Hey! I posted for the first time in months today too! We're twins or something.

Sorry about the cold, but clearly you no longer care.

:-)

*hugs*

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Somehow I caught both of you on the day or the day after you posted. It must be that sixth sense that some peeps were talking about. Hope you feel better soon, Frisky. Or not, if you're enjoying the cough syrup.

In the U.S., the FDA withdrew some cough medicine for kids. Too many OD's. I don't know what they're prescribing for them now. Don't know if Canada did the same thing.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Heh, I know that "high on prescription drugs" feeling you are talking about. I love that feeling when painkillers set in. I only get to enjoy it for about ten minutes before I conk out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home