Thursday, April 20, 2006

Love is...

It has come to my attention that a new definition of love is needed.

Two kittens, a white picket fence, a friggin' DOG??! Fuck that.

It's all about electicity, foks. Chemistry. That's right, when you look in someone's eyes, and that fusebox down there comes alive and tells you to just throw all that you thought that was right in the world to the wind, abandon everything and everyone, and just go to that happy place. That's what it's all about. If we all just did it, this world would be a better place.

You know that feeling. You look in those two eyes, and there it is. It's the reason you broke up with your last wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend. It's the reason you left the last job for this one. It's the reason you decided to shop at this grocery store rather than the one closer to home. It's the reason you decided to stop for gas at this place in time. It's the reason you came together. It had to happen. It was meant to be. What is happening now is happening for a reason.

Even looking back, and you probably are thinking to yourself, how the fuck did I get myself into this situation? And you're probably thinking that it's a bad thing. But why? Why is it a bad thing? How can something so good be so bad?

Because of society.

Well, fuck society.

Let's cut to the chase: this biggest concern right now is the children. Some idiot is always gonna be screaming "what about the children??!"

A broken home is one where mommy and daddy don't really love each other and don't even like each other very much, but stay together because it's the best thing to do.

A good home is one where the grown-up(s) provide a good home for the babies. I don't care how many grown-ups there are, or if they are the same gender, or if they are legally married. Who gives? If they kittens are fed, have clean litterboxes and regular *tonguebaths*, you're doing a good job. Bonus points if you show respect to everyone in the house.

The worst thing you can do to a kitten is to live a lie. To pretend that you love their mommy or daddy. Don't do that. Kittens need to feel that their mommy and daddy are happy with their own lives. Don't lie to your kittens. They will know, and they will resent it.

Selfish? Yeah, you've heard that. How can you give up all that is "right" for love, for electricity, for chemistry? How dare you?

I guess you have to understand what I've come to learn: people around you, the people who care about you, need to accept what makes you happy. Those who love you, who really care, will stick around. Those who don't, weren't friends. It's that simple. It hurts, yes, but in the long run, when you look back, it will all seem very logical to you. You'll know that you did the right thing. If you do it for love, it's the right thing. It's the simplest lesson to learn and yet it's the hardest.

And above all, it is worth it. What you're going through now...it's just a blip in time. When you're eighty, and you look back, these few years will be just a little hiccup. I promise.

I love you guys. Both of you. I'm rooting for you.

*headbutt*

11 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Great post. I was wondering where it was coming from at first but I think I know now.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger miamicatt said...

I'm totally bawling right now.

But it's a good bawling.

I'm glad you're my friend.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger DingusIsTaken said...

I'm totally bawling right now too. Ok, not really. But I am on the inside. Sort of.

Nice post kitten. Thanks for giving my girlfriend a good kind of cry.

I *heart* you.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger kevingrout said...

I love you too.

Oh, wait. You weren't talking to me, were you?

Now that's awkward, isn't it? :-)

Needless to say, you're awesome oh Frisque one. Well said.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger mtw said...

I love you frisky.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Well said.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger mysticwolf said...

Very well said. Mama cats are always wise. *headbutts* to you, and to the two you are speaking to.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

So? who's turn is it to give tonguebaths? *grin*

I *heart* Frisky too! ...and the peeps she's talking about here.

*smooch*

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Amen, Frisky. Amen.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Forgive me for butting into your blog, Frisky, but I just have a hard time being lectured about ethics by somebody who doesn't feel strongly enough about his/her words to stand behind them by signing a name that we all know and recognize. What a tool.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger miamicatt said...

Thanks for proving Frisky's point, Disgusted.

We need a shovel...someone's high horse just shit all over the floor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home